Claiming your nonprofit’s Community gives you administrator access so you can
- Share your nonprofit’s stories, events, and goals with supporters.
- Upload pictures and videos.
- Energize donors and supporters.
- Create fundraisers to meet your goals.
Requirements for Claiming a Qualified Organization
The following criteria must be met in order to claim a nonprofit organization’s Community:
- You must be an authorized representative of the organization.
- The organization must be tax-exempt under IRS code, Section 501(c); classified as a religious or faith-based organization; or a small charity that is not required to file with the IRS. Qualifying organizations are preloaded into HuTerra based on IRS and GuideStar data.
- The organization must not be classified as a private, non-operating Foundation.
Steps for Claiming a Qualified Nonprofit Organization’s Community
- Login to your HuTerra member account, or Signup for your free individual account if you haven’t already.
- Find your Nonprofit Community using the Search bar at the top of the screen.
- Click “Claim this community” in the right sidebar.
- Fill out and submit the claim form that appears. You must be logged in to view the form.
- Learn more about using social media to engage donors, while we process your claim request.
- You will receive an email notifying you of your administrative privileges once we process your claim form.
7. Once your claim is approved, you will find your nonprofit Community listed in your Member Profile under the Communities tab. Clicking on your nonprofit Community listing will take you to your Community where you will now see an Edit Profile tab (only available to approved nonprofit representatives). Use this section to provide as much information as possible about your nonprofit organization. Read “Tips for Using Your Community to Engage Supporters” in our FAQ for more information on what information to include and how to use your Community to engage supporters.